Monday, May 24, 2021

A little less conversation

The one constant in all these years has been the need for conversation. What is it about words that can be such a turn on? I remember writing in another lifetime about cradling a phone and melting in the sound of a husky, deep voice. But sometimes it's not a voice, it's a voiceless text and suddenly I'm back, in my twenties, vulnerable and open to adventure. You only live once I'd say and lose myself in the moment. We can't get those moments back, we can't recreate them, and we can't let them go. But the last decade has taught me this: You don't have to let go of things. You have to make them a part of you and move on. And I've stuck to my oldest creed through it all: No regrets. Everything happens when the time is right. The good, we cherish; the bad, we learn from. And everything, just everything, passes.

No comments: