Sunday, November 20, 2005

For all those who have been made to suffer endless posts on my perpetually-worked-on-never-to-be-completed term paper on Oedipus Rex, I might as well announce : It's done. And handed in (literally).
The submission of the paper was needless to say traumatizing.
Most of all for the prof in question I suppose.
We were panic-stricken of course, what with it being a fortnight past the due date. But our innocent professor had to endure being stalked by three students (giggling like a small pack of nervous hyenas) for close on to ten minutes before Squee, following Rainbeau's game plan and with my *ahem* able moral support ran up to him with her most innocent good girl face and proferred the paper.
No sooner did he recover from the impact of that than Rainbeau and I jumped into action and pretty much followed thrusting example.
And then we ran for our dear lives.
But it's done with and I can breathe for a while at least, phew!

Apart from the relief of submission, it's been a remarkably happy day.
I shall now gush for a bit.
Over my earliest sweetheart, who returned from the states this morning bearing boxes of chocolates for me (the surest way to win a girl's heart).
It's been almost four years since he saw me and well, all ye who have called me an old hag may you wither away into nothingness!!
He walked through the door, looked at me, dropped his suitcase, and his jaw and said (insert suitable twangy American accent) "You've grown so much! You look like Nefertiti!!"
*sigh*
*oh why oh why oh why is the man, my uncle instead of being suitable bachelor type young one.*

It's been a nice day. Full of little revelations and confessions and all the things that bring a smile in retrospect.
It's been a most retrospective day.
Not least because I realized the truth about my life. For all those who have been subjected to the rants of my previous post I've attained Nirvana of sorts.
The slogan of my life is now :
Truth! Justice! Reasonably Priced Love! Freedom!
And a hard-boiled egg!
*go figure*


P.S : in case anyone doesn't know what I mean, here's the original source of my filched motto :

Reg Shoe:
"You'd like Freedom Truth and Justice, wouldn't you, comrade sergeant?"
Vimes: "I'd like a hard-boiled egg ."
Reg Shoe: "In the circumstances, sergeant, I think we should set our sights a little higher--"
Vimes: "Well, yes, we could. But... well, Reg, tomorrow the sun will come up again, and I'm pretty sure that whatever happens we won't have found Freedom and there won't be a whole lot of Justice, and I'm damn sure we won't have found Truth. But it's just possible that I might get a hard- boiled egg ."

24 comments:

Prerona said...

all done then? good! now we can look forward to some serious posting?

:)

jaded said...

hey, you didnt take too much time on your paper ;-), besides you must have handed in a really good paper so a little delay wont be noticed.
cngrts on looking like Nefertiti!
and enjoy the hard-boiled egg!

rainbeau_peep said...

U forgot the part where I flung my arms about and mumbled, "Pigeon? Pigeon! for thirty seconds, and u giggled apologetically at the world.

Bee said...

you finished a paper.i dont like you.i'm still stuck halfway thorugh my analysis of alien representation,and i havnt even started on the other one.
oh,and i'm a typing dyslexic.as i have realised.

Dreamcatcher said...

YOu finished????
was the kindly soul ADG the prof??? I finished my paper, i just didnt feel like submitting :)

babelfish said...

preronadi : hehe! I got another term paper due, this time it's Foucault. I think I'll be living up to the name of my blog soon :D
And serious posting not directly linked with whining about exams/papers/battling the bulge to be strictly censored in future :)

jaded : what a dear little joy you are girl :) I shall certainly enjoy the egg :D

rainbeau : girl, I do not have *your* flair for narration! Plis to do rewrite of story and I'll link it on this post :D

cassy : shut up. shut up ok. shuuuuut up!!!
You get marks which I'm too envious to even talk about. One more whine out of you and it's into the jheel with you. *hurrumph*
If I didn't love you so much I think I would've killed you midway through second year.Thanks your stars girl.

dreamcatcher : yay! and you're done too, good for you. Of course it was ADG, how many profs do you think I'd bother to stalk :D

karuna said...

Congratulations on finishing your paper! Freedooomm now...
And hey im sure there are lots of guy out there who feel the same way, they're just oo afraid to get around talking to Nefertiti ;)

Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

heard u were ill.
Get well soon :)

babelfish said...

karuna : Freedom till I get started on the other paper that's due! My life is the *sads*.
But thank you for the kind words, *too* kind you are :D

UI : thank you, so sweet of you :)

Rimi said...

look, woman. *deep breath* i have to submit a journal on four novels and a term paper on the literature of the english revolution. and another on the tempest. i'd prefer if you'd take your jubilation to some place i don't frequent. thank you very much.

on second thoughts: didn't Vimes actually like his eggs soft and suitably runny?

third thoughts (oh look, i'm a witch now!)-- Nefertiti???

Rimi said...

please to be correcting grammatical errors in my comment nije nije. (am still grumpy)

Teleute said...

Night Watch! my firstest pratchett evah! i luuurve you! and i like my eggs a little soft and runny! i ate two eggs today! i hope you are well! i luuurve you! it's very cold! i have stared at computer all evening and not written a single usable word! i have lost it! but i still luuurve you!

Bone said...

wowwww, paper over! who deserves a treat? (as in, you or us)

Dipanjan Das said...

congrats!

we demand that paper be posted.

babelfish said...

rimi : you *beautiful* witch, you're dead right...he liked his eggs soft and runny, with, I believe, the toast cut up into soldiers...but well that's not as effective a slogan is it :D

teleute : did you get around to reading any more after that? lovely no :)

mandy : hehe! wish someone *would* treat me :D

dd : so sweet of you!! Seeing how "we" is only you I shall spare other readers of this blog :D

Sphinx said...

updated myself on all babelities.
Reco'nized!

noob said...

Ill??? So that's why you didn't turn up for the blogmeet eh?? Well, you didn't miss much really. But if you want my account anyway, you can read it up. It's a post called "My First Blogmeet".
...You have been warned...

Anonymous said...

done then? jolly jolly. better times beckon, no?

ru said...

all done?good for you.have linked you too

babelfish said...

sphinx : goody :)

soumik : aaww, so swit it is :D

satchisgod : all but the kola thank you very much :D

pipsqueak : alas yes, I missed the meet, not your post though :D

vague : whee!! greener times certainly :)

ru : thankoo :)

Teleute said...

yusyus! have been reading plenty!
:D

Lancelot said...

well well at least one person has found the key to a happy life!!!
sorry, missed quite a lot in the last few days-what with exams and all...will be more regular from 3 days later... I am jus curious about something...not sure but there must be a technical term for this kind of syndrome... is there some particular reason everybody i read has, in the recent past, had occasion to write about chocolates??? (8-o)

babelfish said...

teleute : jolly good :) we must swap notes and wax eloquent on pratchett one of these days, preferably over coffee at m-da's

lance : hmm, I don't know about the technical term for the syndrome but I could come up with one explanation...dekho amara shobai eto tomar preme pagol je tomar kotha sharakhon bhabi ar jehetu tumi chocolater jonyo pagol aamra chocolater kotha likhi...
how does that sound? :D

babelfish said...

satchisgod : eeks! 'orrible fruit it is. the day i get in touch with my inner ape i'll let you know and we can swap kola loving stories for now my motto is say no to bananas :D