Tuesday, December 27, 2005

One Line Update (cos I don't have the time to write a full length post, last exam tomorrow. I'm fubbared over Foucault.) : Deep you're a gem!
Now don't blush and run around in circles wondering if I'm planning to stalk you, we all know I'm too lazy and you're my hatur boishi, but this not-one-line-anymore update is my formal expression of gratitude for sage advice in the middle of the night...amidst
all the hysterical giggling and mockery at my unfortunate state...what the hell boy, we're in the same boat and tomorrow we're gonna sink it...and after that, this town needs to be repainted!!!

The Original Post :
awwww...everyone who's been so sweet as to wonder why I haven't been blogging, I luuurbh you awll so much. And those of you who didn't do the wondering I luurbh you too but a lot less actually.
For the last ten days or so, I've been swept away in the general merry festivities all around. This involved preparing for exams *anyone who joined this party really late, in other words anyone who is unaware of my sadistic university's discriminatory agenda against Christians, get this: we have exams stretching right through this joyous season.*
Of course when I said preparing for exams, I didn't exactly mean studying for them. That has to be the one thing, I haven't done. On the other hand I have felt exceedingly guilty at crucial moments about not having studied, so let's say I'm prepared, in a manner of speaking.
As of now I have one exam left. My only excuse for not having studied is that I have been generally occupied in various activities which might not have had much to do with mistletoe but were nonetheless entirely in the loving spirit of Christmas.
The parents of course are utterly bewildered. Whenever they ask me to do lend a hand in the wedding preparations, which presently involves endless hours of last-minute shopping, I insist I'm terribly busy studying for my last exam; unfortunately as Baba astutely pointed out the other day, I haven't been at home long enough to do much other than eat and sleep.
The problem is when I try to write everything that happened I can never explain why a day which reads met x person, did y thing, said z things should have made me feel so wonderful. Suffice to say there have been a number of superb days but maybe I'll just mention some passing highlights *which unfortunately were usually not the high points*
hmm.....the most repeated occurrence of the week has to be getting lost in various parts of the city. There was the time I spent almost two hours with a bemused cabbie trying to follow directions yelled over the phone by an increasingly cranky friend *cell phones are the most blessed things in the universe and to be honest I deserved to be cranked at, seeing how I was over an hour late and the poor thing was missing lunch*.
Then there was the time the bus I was on decided to follow an unexpected detour and I jumped off the moving bus and into a cab, promptly got confused as to which way I should go and only reached my destination on time because Sohini yelled brilliant directions over Cassy's phone. The worst of course was when I got lost on my way to Cassy's house twice in the space of about three days.
Actually no, the worst was when I got lost on the landing between the stairs and the lift in someone's house. In my defense though, I should add that I was stoned. This would be the same night I looked out of the car window on the way home and said, "which city is this?" Of course, that's what Cassy claimed I'd said, and she may have made it up since I have no recollection of this part but then again, maybe not.
On the whole much fun has been had. Some of it has been embarrassing to say the least. Various people for example, insist that I did this dance thingy in an inspired moment some nights back. All I remember is someone asking me if I wanted to dance and then a few minutes later I was like, ok, that did not happen, whoever saw it will now forget that that happened. I can't dance to save my life, so I'm rather glad I don't remember the finer details of this one, but how I wish the wonderful people who were there would forget it as well!
Of course one of the highest points of the week was the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment of my convocation when dressed in the brightest orange robes we strolled up to collect the degrees which declare us to be graduates. So one has now formally been declared a bachelor and an arty one too.

20 comments:

Lancelot said...

so u r a bachelor now, formally?? :D
and having fun during exams!!! how i wish....

Dipanjan Das said...

don't worry. the eggjam season continues here too. congratulations on an orange graduation!

Teleute said...

i must see you dance. i must! i must! i will get you stoned for it, if necessary :D

and congratulations, you arty bachelor, you!

Bone said...

same old words... congrats!! i don't see myself going that far, lol. eggjams can take a backseat, an arty bachelor deserves to have fun, no? which reminds me i have eggjams in january. arghhh!

hdpal said...

The following is the advice that the Wizard of Oz imparted to the scarecrow:

"Back where I come from we have Universities...seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers...and when they come out they think deep thoughts, and with no more brains than you have. BUT, they have one thing you haven't got...A DIPLOMA.

Congratulation, welcome to the ranks of great thinkers.

Ron said...

*Siighs* I once got lost on the way to my own house...and I wasnt even stoned. I walked all over Ballygunge Circular Road in high heels, before I figured out the way home. My feet still hurt when I remember that day :(

On a brighter note, congratulations on the orange graduation !!

Oh and all the best for that last exam.

Bee said...

i did not make it up!!there are witnesses!!

sand.man said...

We're JUDE...we give exams during the Christmas holidays! If we were JU Maths...perhaps it could've been New Year's Day! Hehe!

Poorna Banerjee said...

First of all ---- Mary Christmas.

Secondly, Best of luck for the last exam left.

Thirdly, I hope the exam has better luck...

Fourthly, At least you never got lost in Salt lake... that place is a living nightmare for innocent outsiders like me.

Fifthly, we should really take the matter of the detouring Buses and take out a petition. You can vouch for the sufferer.

Sixthly, Have you noticed all these POINTED discussion?? Thats coz a prof has called me an uncoordinated person when it comes to writing down an idea or two. Or three. Or a million.

Rimi said...

ahhh, blogging again, i see. goody! and you STILL have an exam left? damn it, kobe shesh hobe? first DD's post on Orkut communities, the this...my dimples are being drastically overworked :D :D :D

Poorna Banerjee said...

Ref: "...you're my hatur boishi..."

er... i was wondering... tor hatuta ki pore jonmechhilo???

*Blinks and tries to think through Vodka-clouded grey matter... gives up because it was SOOOOO Looooong Ago...*

Acroyali said...

orange robes for gradutation?!

congratulations! :D

Poorna Banerjee said...

orange robes remind me of the Chudley Cannon Robes... in HP (you can check 'Quidditch through the Ages" for more...).

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well with the painting...:)
Happy new year, babel!

Gee said...

ever so shweet and amusing*lost* lil doll:)
*hugs*
and happy new year ahead

M (tread softly upon) said...

Congrats on your graduation! The wedding festivities makes me want to cry...I so badly want to go to a wedding....just for the heck of dressing up and having a good time!

Sphinx said...

orange robes, heh, kewl. Congrats and u must dance the dance for us bloggers!

Sphinx said...

THANKS a ton for the card. You're damn sweet.

babelfish said...

lance : exams over, more fun! let us all be bachelors together :D

dd : eggjam seasons will always continue, and in ju so will the oranges in season :D

teleute : as a matter of fact, you most emphatically must not see me dance :D

mandy : thanks and I shall now exult because I *don't* have any more exams, me is mean I know :D

hdpal : you and I pal, let's take over the world of diploma-tic great thinkers :D

ron : high heels - *ouch*, much sympathy...and thank you :)

cassy : *cheesy grin*

phoenix : there's always one who looks for the bright side :D

poekly : aww, so sweet you is..you still got a year to go hon, relax :D

panu : pointed discussion noted and all, also most appreciated vodka haze or not...but umm as to salt lake, one has been lost there :D

rimi : nice dimples you got :)

rogue : *ahem* thank you :D

dee: thanks :)

acroyali : orange it was, one has witnesses :D

vague : still painting!

herenow : aww...thank you dear :D

m : if qwe were in the same city I'd invite you in all of thirty seconds :)

satchisgod : thanks :)

sphinx : tis because I am sweet that I will not dance the dance :D

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»