Friday, March 02, 2007

Wheeeeee! I have been tested and I shall probably be found wanting but for now I'm done with venetian merchants. Wild relief.
Further relief at getting home from college unscathed. Campus today was a riot of colours. And not in a good way. Sundry people looked like they'd crawled out of exceptionally slimy seaweed or been mauled by some purple and fluorescent orange alien. I kid you not. The defining word was ugly. Call me a prude but getting felt up by random strangers on the pretext of putting abir is just not my idea of fun. I don't think it wildly exciting to throw buckets of muddy water from the jheel at people or break (possibly rotten) eggs on their heads but I suppose young people must be allowed to have fun in their own way. Speaking for myself, I'm perfectly happy leading a colourless life for today. Tomorrow of course might be a different story.

4 comments:

Poorna Banerjee said...

i dont really mind abir allthatmuch but when it is supplemented with eggs and jheeler jol for the watercolor effect I draw the line.

Btw, we had a sort of Hitchcockian "Birds" escape from the eggsmashers to my car. Saikat and Andro starred it. What passion. What running shoes!!

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

I can do without the muck (which includes abeer) and the feeling up and the general mess altogether, thank you very much.

But good thandai with a spot of bhaang ... now that's a different prospect.

J.A.P.

Joychaser said...

i looked around for prof, hid out in the library, looked around some more, hid out in the library, implored another prof to the my prof know that i'd been looking for her, hid out in the library, did class and walked out through gate no. 4. also managed to get an astonishing amount of work done. i will not study untll endsems now. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Joychaser said...

....to let my prof know, i meant.