Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My life, right now, is trying to stand on its head and doing a pretty bad job with the balancing. I fall asleep by 10 every night and find myself waking up at unearhtly hours like 4 or 5. Which isn't really bad, and I'm not really complaining. Except I have a feeling I should be studying. Except I'm not. Then again, the bright side is if I was studying I couldn't be reading Death in the Afternoon. And given a choice between renaissance drama, post-colonial theory and Hemmingway, well I prefer reading about bull fights. So bleh.

I'm overwhelmed by remorse at this moment. Read this, early in the morning, and felt like howling. I don't regret any of the things I've done these four years, but I do have moments of extreme regret for the things I didn't land up doing. Sometimes I wonder if I could sit for the B.A. admission test this year, if only to attend Supriyadi's classes.

Excuse me while I go blow my nose.

College can not be over. Not. Would some prof be generous enough to flunk me this year? Pwetty please.

10 comments:

Dex said...

Mebbe you could sketch Abdul Kalam caricatures on your Renaissance Drama answer sheet. That would definitely make some prof generous enough to flunk you. Before you can say "Pwetty Please" :P
But seriously, seeing our college days end is probably one of the most sad stages of life ...

babelfish said...

Heh! In my department? That kind of thing would just make them more generous with the marks :(

Anonymous said...

A rumour doews the rounds that apooroona got 5 in a SKC Macbeth test by drawing a comic strip featuring "Hamlet" and "Papa Hamlet". I didn't see the answer script with my own eyes but others supposedly did.

Anonymous said...

5 out of 10 that is

Dex said...

Wow. Apooroona must have drawn Papa Hamlet real well :)

Gee said...

eh?...comic strip??...wil skm be as kind?..cnsidering its kid lit after all...

Unknown said...

learn to leave. if you hold a hand too tight, it will wriggle itself away from you

Poorna Banerjee said...

i think ADG can probably fall for the pwetty please and flunk you in his course. Or you can write about differential calculus in SKM's paper and get a nice fat zero.

Sounds good?

March Hare said...

I solemnly proclaim that you have LOST it. :D

And Supriya di kano? ADG noy?

Elendil said...

Asleep by 10!! Ok, you need help! :P

Whatever you do, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read Sylvia Plath's 'Bell Jar'. You'll probably gas yourself.

The way I see it, college does not have to be 'over' immediately. I mean you could always hang around here. You'll have plenty of company. Besides, can't one do a PHD in JUDE?