Friday, January 27, 2006

The babelfish is traumatized beyond disbelief!
A mere twelve days she leaves her blog unattended and when she returns what does she find? Besides the loving messages from the ever too sweet people who evidently missed her updates *muuah, I luuurbh you all*, there was the most heart rending discovery of the year.

Dear reader, you whose gentle soul has perhaps been stirred by the b'fiss's verbal navigations between madness and civilization, you who have been bably's companion through thick and thin and comments manifold, how will you react when you hear this tragic tale. Will you break down and weep uninterruptedly as babel herself did?

The time has come, gentle reader to tell you all. Quail not at the thought of untold horrors to be revealed soon but bear up bravely and more importantly help b'fiss bear up bravely because she is a mere twenty seconds away from a hysterical outbreak.

Dear Reader, there is a shark in the fish bowl! These are murky waters you and I tread and 'tis an age of betrayal when none can be trusted. I shudder to think such ignominious behaviour is possible in this supposedly humane society of bloggers but it's true. There is a nameless, faceless and probably heartless blogger who *hold your breath* has usurped the babelfish's username.

Hoimoi I say and Hoimoi some more!*
*greek word meaning alas and implying the deepest sort of despair...can you blame bably if in her moment of despair she resorts to Greek to express her profound sorrow, even as she has resorted to using the third person in a desperate attempt to stave off the reality of having her personal blogspace trespassed.


Imagine this. The b'fiss returns to the blogsphere still somewhat dazed from the excitement of watching the sister get married, and that too to someone who did not have a gun pointed at his head or other interesting parts of his anatomy. And to make up for the long silence she has stories galore revolving around aunts and sisters and friends who stay up till dawn on wedding nights fighting over cushions and other friends who are heartless enough to leave her unchaperoned on aforementioned nights because they have to walk the dog the next morning. But then she comes across this, this, this verbose Euryproktoi!**
**hehe, another greek word actually. somewhat censored, so all those whose moral sensibilities are likely to be offended, note I didn't mention any specific age group, please turn your eyes from this part of the small print...whispered undertone....umm euryproktoi means...ahem *I blush myself at such a graphic meaning but lets get it over with* elderlypersonwhosearsehasbeenwidenedbyrepeatedanalpenetration. there I said it, phew.

In short then, bably is shattered. She has had her blogdentity snitched and while she would love to call this new blogger an upstart usurper she won't. But be warned dear reader if you find strangely worded, marginally pretentious comments on your blogs claiming to be from the babelfish do not assume at once that it is this fish.

This babelfish will now sigh profoundly and swim away to a quiet corner of her fishbowl to mourn in silence the loss of her virtual identity. Farewell gentle reader, perhaps some day in some distant planet we shall meet again, for now this fishy heart is broken.

Fare thee well indeed.

24 comments:

Prerona said...

welcome back!

sv3 said...

Hullo... why are you so upset about the identity rhing? Both Vulturo and myself are "The Prince Of Darkness", but for different reasons - so we have no bones to pick.

The 'new babelfish' just writes a lot of wierd stuff and pretends to be good at English... no reason for you to worry. I'd suggest getting yourself a profile pic so that we can decide which babelfish wrote what.

March Hare said...

oh.....the unfairness of it all... (using your username.....YOUR username.... no less)...my heart breaks in despair....*shniff*..(excuse me....me becoming emotional)

Sayan Chakraborti said...

If you are looking for a picture to add to your profile to distinguish the original BabelFish from the rest, then do check this out!

Anonymous said...

maybe, the other b-fish didn't realize there was another one already me thinks.

Seems to be more literature talk.

Needless to say, you're THE babelfish regardless.

now stop sulking, fishes must dance around their bowls- a rather becoming sight that is.

oh and *hands band-aid* for the broken heart .

Shion Guha said...

indeed. I can suggest a really excellent picture of a babelfish as imagined by mr.adams himself if you so like. I think that that would solve your problem ... similarily, there might be another Ancalagon The Black out there, come to think of it, not many people know who Anc is but anyway, my offer still stands.

Casablanca said...

Oh, hope your fish-heart mends soon. Not to worry, readers such as moi, are hooked to you the original one.

PS: But please to continue usage of greek... and venture into latin if you must. It is most entertaining :D

the One said...

*breaks down and weeps uninterruptedly as Babel herself did*

*regains composure*

>> But be warned dear reader if you find strangely worded, marginally pretentious comments on your blogs claiming to be from the babelfish do not assume at once that it is this fish.

No, no. We are aware that this fish only leaves comments of the emphatically pretentious variety :)

Poorna Banerjee said...

You MIGHT FIND your honour being defended in his jan blog comment.

There!!

Now...
My blog's currently sporting a blog in which I have put my top 5 favourite greek words that I learnt from ADG and incidentally, since I did NOT have a nice pic of ADG myself, I kinda snitched yours.. and *erm* hope you dont mind.

*smiles, bats eyelashes engagingly (and since you know what it costs for PANU to be engaging)*

Poorna Banerjee said...

P.S. it is on JAN 28th comment... unless mr euryproctoi deleted it.

Bone said...

hehe... i did at first think it was you, from a comment the new babelfish left in samit's blog. but the comment itself makes it obvious that it's not you. chinta koro na, we'll always know who's who!

greatbong said...

Glass buttocks...wow original.

Anonymous said...

So was that you on my blog? *confused* You see we are only worried about ourselves.

Anonymous said...

All the names involved are kind of confusing. The url for your blog says losing my religion, the page is titled madness and civilization and your ID is babelfish. You are a confusing young woman.
/begin whine/ I need to find a job. Also, my final thesis is not working, I don't like it anymore and I wish I could be a fine arts major and only worry about art. Damn it. College needs to be longer /end whine/
Check your email.

Ron said...

Welcome back. So was that you on my blog? Sounded like you...add a profile pic you know..best way!

M (tread softly upon) said...

I know what you mean. I had too many encounters with "M"s and therefore added my long lyej :))

jaded said...

Aww, we love the original babelfish!
We know how to distinguish between the real and the...

babelfish said...

preronadi : aww, thank oo :)

shobhik : profile pic on it's way and I'm upset because it's quite unnerving to see a comment which is signed by your name and you're dead sure you never wrote it...the first time it happened I thought I was drunk!

"sen"sational : if you're being sarcastic child I shall hunt you down and traumatize you in the department!

freaky chakra : *scratch chin* hmm, maybe yer right...envy is good, most flattered I am :D

sayan : dekhechhi, I'll be experimenting for a few days I think :)

dee : thank you for the band-aid, the mild sarcasm and for being an absolute darling :D

anc : thank oo, as mentioned I'll be experimenting with profile pics for a bit, offer much much appreciated :)

casablanca : wheee! i luuurbh people who say nice things about my blog :D

oh composed one : you happen to also be the only one thus far to comment on the aspect of my non-marginalized pretentiousness, well done!

panu : wild applause, remind me to break down into tears and thank you brokenly when I see you next...perhaps post Jamshedpur :D

tiny black cat : *heave sigh of relief* thank you darling, much reassured I am being nows :D

great bong : indeed!

ph : *sigh* yes, yes, yes...I am permanent admirer of your blog, if the imitatir also admires your blog as fervently as I di we shall have one point in common, till then I freely confess, it was I!

ibboss : I have a similar whine, I happen to be as confused as I am confusing :D and yes, mail has been checked, imagine wild applause and tearful gratitude on my part...you remain the best-est-est-est-to-the-power-of-infinity-and-then-some :D

ron : ei, comment pore chinte parle na! profile pic coming :D

satchisgod : I sigh, I weep, I beg loan of a handkerchief oh sarcastic sympathizer!

m (tread softly upon) : hmm, being the original one in this part of the blogsphere, I refuse to add tags, I shall instead add picture :)

jaded : awww, still as nice as ever, you are :)

nemo : why thank you *flutter, blush, bow, wild excitement*

. said...

ah, the fish swims back in, eyes all wide with horror.
come now, o talkative greek one, we must all live in same-name harmony, must we not

M (tread softly upon) said...

me likey profile picture.

Sphinx said...

heh...

ur DA FISH!

janx spirit is the cure for the blues.

One small step for babelfish and a Giant step for fishkind (I dont know why I'm saying this, been in my head for a couple of days now i guess i got no other better place to say it... heh?)

Anonymous said...

you know, i even added your blog to my bookmarks. :-). I hate this city, and living on the top floor with a fish for company. :-(

Gee said...

omg! poor child! dont worry for all of us ure THE bablefish

babelfish said...

vague : *pout* we must not too!!

m(tread softly upon) : me too :D

satchisgod : thworry..bhul hoye gechhe, punti maach tomay aar kokhono sarcastic bolbe na :(

sphinx : mere janx spirit will not do, this calls for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster...and that will be a Giant step for this fish :D

disktop : after your sheer lack of sympathy today the blogroll addition is small comfort

herenow : *wipes away tears of despair* thank you dear child