Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm done talking about myself in the third person, I'm done talking about how traumatized I am and I'm done asking for sympathy. Yes, ladies and gentlemen and all ye betwixt and between who happen to be accidentally, incidentally, conincidentally or (horror of all unimaginable horrors) intentionally reading my blog you will no longer have to read sentences like the b'fiss is traumatized and demands sympathy for x, y, or z incident.

*sigh*


Why this change in the fissy blog did you ask gentle reader, why this sudden determination to stand strong and single-mindedly battle against all forces of illness without swimming around in circles asking for sympathy from all and sundry...because this is what happened when I turned to my near and dear ones :

Event 1 : There I am lying on the bed, weak and queasy, clutching on to my aching tommy and my one and only beloved mommy stands over me and declares "ami to jantam shob manusher pete duto boro boro worm thake". Move along Mr. Twain.

Event 2 : Junior calls, usually concerned junior who is good for endless hours of amusement. Only on this occasion when I tell him I think I'm going to die, his concerned response is "oh. really? no,no, don't worry. you won't die. if you do we'll all mourn you very sincerely. achha, can you tell me how to write a five hundred word paper on how to write a good dissertation" Those of you who know deep imagine the concern radiating from his voice and the next time you meet him kick him for my sake.

Event 3 : Finally, on yahoo messenger, my somewhat brief conversation with once beloved friend runs :

bfiss : i spent all of yesterday throwing up.
disktop : oh dear. Unprotected sex is it?
*stunned silence on my side*
disktop : Ha ha
*pointed stunned silence on my part*
disktop : sorry

And of course there's my dad who since yesterday has been jumping around in concerned agony and yelling things like, "you have to stop eating so much non-veg. only veg from now on. no meat, no, chicken, nothing except fish and vegetables. first thing tomorrow morning I will buy gourd, you will eat only bitter gourd from now on. and no canteen food."

ye gads.

If it wasn't for the ever concerned cassy and the occasionally concerned super heroic counterpart of the super villainish b'fiss, I think I'd have drowned in despair by now. As it I think I'm just going to collapse on the bed again feeling very sorry for myself.

13 comments:

Sphinx said...

ema - poor thing... get well soon!

Poorna Banerjee said...

oh dear, are you Ok now?? And I think your Dad's a bit right... and *erm* you might cut down on smokes a bit...

Anonymous said...

See you're getting all that sympathy now! :-)

March Hare said...

e baba.....ki hoyechilo?? biyebarite beshi kheyechhile nishchoyi??

Bone said...

ughhhh, kal theke shudhu uchchhe? you should try dying, you know. they don't feed you uchchhe in hell.

Prerona said...

whats up kiddo? why not well? take care of urself and get better soon :)

and quite whining ;)
just kidding. bhaalo thaakish and tara tari bhalo hoye ja :)

xxx

Dipanjan Das said...

take care re! me having peter trouble too. prolly your dad is right, it's excessive non-veg. particularly, frequent beef-er jhol in my case :((

Casablanca said...

Awww... hope its better now. Rest a lot, and whine a lot. It always helps :)

Ron said...

No more non veg food for you young lady!!! Only home cooked food, and loaadddsss of bittergourd!!! And no more...*ahem* Yes..well...nevermind...

Heh!! Just couldnt resist that! Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Poorna Banerjee said...

Quit crying!! I can name one person who (i think) loves you!!

That name is........

YOU!!

So shuddup and let the bile flow again... i hope it had been bittered up after all those uchhes.

*wonders when the sadistic babelfish with her world domination plans will re-emerge with arms wide open to cradle the masses*

babelfish said...

sphinx : aww, thank you, well again :)

disktop : teehee...muah

"sen"sational : sigh..yeah, no more eating out for aeons :S

tiny black cat : vehemently fighting off uchhe :D

reronadi : have stopped whining, yippee!

dd : tor beef-er jhol, amar biye bari'r jhaal :D but you take care too :)

casablanca : followed your advice, did one mega whine, much happier now :D

ron : e bawa, ki rom shob kotha bole! na na, ami bhalo meye, only home cooked food though; no ahem but also no uchhe ;D

panu : no uchhe definitely but back with the bile :D

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»