Sunday, July 23, 2006

I seem to use this blog for nothing but cribbing. It's very sad. And anyone reading my posts would receive the distinct impression that I lead a very sad life. Which is probably true.
I mean, at least half the people I know think my life is terribly sad and I really need to reform myself. The other half seem to have given up hope. Somewhere in between are those people who valiantly insist that I'm a good girl, or a good fish, as you will.
Just the other day a friend of mine declared that not only did he firmly believe I was a nice sweet girl, but he was willing to come over and convince my parents if need be. I can do no better than to copy paste his own words...

Maybe I should go speak to your parents. And say she is a good girl. Only smokes when she's not drinking. Only drinks when she is not gambling. Only gambles when she is not doping. And only ever dopes when she's not...hehe, well you know what... Otherwise ekebare sweet bengali girl type.


Yes well, as you can see the people I know really take their duty as my friends seriously. Since my foes don't seem to be remotely interested in destroying my repustation or my life, these guys have just taken over the task.
If people who had never met me were to believe my friends they'd find themselves convinced that the babelfish smokes really really rarely...on two days in the year wonly...on the day when it rains and on the day when it doesn't!

Even so, given a choice between having a reputation and having friends, I'd still opt for the latter. It would be a gun-held-at-my-head-and-lighted-matchsticks-between-my-toes kind of decision but at least it would be a firm clear choice. What a fish wants and needs and has is fiends, I mean friends.
What a fish also happens to have is people who love her like a daughter/niece/grand-daughter/sister/ or better still mother/grand-mother/aunt although they are not even remotely related to her.

Yes well it's a complicated life. But I'm not complaining. I'm absurdly happy. For one thing I'm over being sick and I'm going to make sure I don't fall sick again in the future. For another I love it when long overdue things come to pass and prove to be better than expected. And for the last, I'm just happy.

And on that happy note I shall sign off with the merry thought that if anyone who thinks I love them is reading this they should now go away and seriously wonder if I do and if after five seconds serious thought if they still believe I do they're obviously wrong, hehe.

7 comments:

Casablanca said...

Sunshine land today... good good! And why art thou falling ill so often, my dear?

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Major mood swings, I see.

J.A.P.

jhantu said...

highly cryptic crib this is

Anonymous said...

i am around. sorta. just felt like saying that here. hello.

Poorna Banerjee said...

yep. well, there's the fish for you who shits inside human heads to make people understand others.

Anonymous said...

I guess your blog is no longer for those who don't know much about you. Alas! another fish bites the dust. Where is the humour? Where is the funny fish?

scorpionragz said...

hey!! i realize i do wuv u!!!!
and if u don't too bad (shrugs)
u don't know what ur missing!!!