Sunday, July 23, 2006

there are eighteen screeching women in my living room.
i think i'm going crazy.
most of them i've never seen before in my life. they've all seen me though. and they keep tabs on me, every one of them. they know when i leave my house and when i enter, i think some nights they stay awake and watch from their balconie,s even on nights when i return at 2am.
in other words they're the neighbours. and they've descended on my house to solve their problems.
the parents fishes have been playing referee.
and i've been clutching my head for the past two hours and imploring any mephistopheles who happens to be in the vicinity to take my soul in exchange for even ten minutes of peace.
oh my good sweet lord, will no one have mercy on a fish's soul.

they say trouble sires three children. the first passed through last weekend. the second was the fever which almost killed the fish over the last week and certainly had the parents palpitating in panic. this must be the third. if there's anything worse on its way i don't think i'll survive.
and whoever said man is a social animal obviously didn't have neighbours like mine.

2 comments:

Rapid I Movement said...

Raat duto-r porey they actually allow you to enter? Last time I was in Calcutta (Dec '04), had to face the music coz I was out "late" on a wintery night - post 10:30pm ie.
Awesome parents you truly have!

Soosixty said...

what were 18 aunties doing in your living room?