Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fifty-one words it is,plis plis to tell how it is...

Their lips locked in a magical kiss. The exquisite moment of passion seemed to flower through a thousand years. At last he stepped away breaking the spell. Demurely she looked down, smiling. As her scream of agonized realization faded the sorcerer blew away the dust and watched as her skeleton crumbled.



extremely belated update : I royally forgot there were certain formalities in this tagging game, but better late than never. So yes, I was tagged by....damn, bhule gechhi, who was it now...oh yes, by this charming catcher of dreams and by this antediluvian jester.

And I would dearly love to tag.....
drum roll please......
1) A vague and indecisive blogger who will quit being lazy and do this!!!
2) An insomniac who won't lose any sleep over this
3) A girl as lovely as a hyacinth who will write a most charming story
4)
An anti-lacanian friend who will jolly well write this instead of his term paper
5)
The One who wrote such a poetic response to my story

And if there's anyone left who hasn't been tagged please consider this an invitation to tell a tale of fifty-five words...

17 comments:

Bee said...

v impressive.quite the spine tingler it is!!
:)
me likey.

the One said...

Listen I am telling, quite good it is
But plis to beware of such type of kiss.
Poor girl smooching and instantly dying
Me no girl but still this rather petrifying.

Teleute said...

ooh! rather creepy and sinister...
very nice.

Anonymous said...

linking your blog to mine

Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

plis plis bhery nice bhery nice!

noob said...

Sounds like the Dementor's Kiss!

Sayan Chakraborti said...

Reminds me of The Mummy. Or is it the Scorpion King? Anyway, scary stuff!

Maru Marauder said...

Ah...the proverbial kiss of death...very nice

Dipanjan Das said...

always colgate bephor a kiss. pliss.

karuna said...

aaahhh...
it is being morbid... but much nice...

Krishanu said...

dark...really dark

Aniruddha Dutta said...

That was intense, and I can almost see the girl 'demurely smiling', then crumbling away. The 'sorcerer' is a nice little touch on the position of the author... as I read it, of course.
And yes: to sum it up: Delightfully Morbid.

Rajesh J Advani said...

Coooool! :)

In the end I had in my mind the image of a witch who was tricked by the sorcerer into doing the one thing that could kill her.

Really nice. :)

Anonymous said...

goody...my kind of 51 words, methinks...:)

babelfish said...

aaaaaawww.....me is so flattered :D :D :D *endless line of grins*

actually me should also be feeling guilty for having angled so much but it is the goods I am feeling....everyone is the swits :)

rainbeau_peep said...

Lovely, though disconcerting. reminded me of Jan Svankmeyer's "Faust". try catching it, i challenge u to sit thru the whole of it, if u haven't watched it already.

babelfish said...

This is one time I shall beg off replying to individual comments. But thank you all. More than ever you have confirmed my belief that "there are as many texts as there are readers"