Saturday, October 22, 2005

I have been accused in the past (with much unfairness and all that) of being incapable of writing a complete sentence......*ahem ahem*........ so it was with much trepidation that I actually turned to fufil my duty on being tagged by illusionary.......the 5th sentence of the 23rd post......me thought it was very likely to be some fragment of babelian wisdom and fishy incoherence…..but surprise, surprise, the nearest approximation to the 5th sentence was a grammatically correct sentence containing the wisdom of ages…….and I quote........

"Alas, alas, that ever love was sin!"

Not original, unfortunately (you can’t have everything altogether, be reasonable!!) All credit for this gem of a statement goes to a gentleman who died around the beignning of the 15th century and went by the name of Geoffery Chaucer. But well, 5th sentence has been quoted and all but I simply cannot be bebothered to tag anyone. So all those who feel it is imperative to their existence that they identify the 5th sentence of their 23 rd post or all bloggers who have nothing better to do on days (or nights) when the rain shows no signs of giving up and going south, please consider yourself tagged by the psychic manifestation of my blogging self.

I have spoken.

And if the gentleman who once commented he would pass out the day I managed to write a complete sentence happens to be reading this, pray good sir, I have the smelling salts right here, but tell me was it surprise or sheer pleasure?

16 comments:

Jay said...

I've been tagged for this several times now, and I still haven't done it - the 5th sentence for my 23rd post is SO boring.

And now that I see yours is a line from Chaucer, I'm even less inclined to post mine!

You... do... write... with... a... lot... of... pauses. :-p

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

hmmmmmmmmmm !

jaded said...

oooooooh, the gentleman has been soundly snubbed!!!good going girl;-)

babelfish said...

jay : hehehe! No, no you must complete tag, I refuse to believe you ever managed to write anythng that qualifies as boring. Thanks for dropping by :)

euphoric dreams : mhmm :)

jded : oy girl, don't get me wrong. My intentions were not remotely to snub anyone.

karuna said...

its fun to see all the stuff tha comes out of yr archives...
maybe ill have those someday ;) and then i can come up with a sentence worthy of sharing

Gee said...

and who was saying things like being lyaad khawa??....ahem ahem!

Anonymous said...

Gentleman will pass out just by the attention. (Or at least that will be his version!) *cackle*

babelfish said...

karuna : I must remember to tag you for this one a few months down the line :D

herenow : it's not just lyad, it's a complete lack of anything exciting in life :S

babelfish said...

ph : heeheehee!! *evil cackle*

Bone said...

don't even know if i have a 23rd post yet... no desire to find out, what with school opening on monday and a mountain of homework left!

you have nothing to do on rainy days toh... chal i'm tagging you for this one - http://crazy-nights.blogspot.com/2005/10/100-things-about-me.html (naam porey joorey debo post-e, ekhon kortey thako...)

have fun ;)

Lancelot said...

hmm... for the first time i have chanced upon someone who actually had sth profound in the 5th sentence of the 23rd post :D... usually its like "and we had tea..." or "i looked out of the window"; on those lines neway....

babelfish said...

mandy : naheeeeee!! Yours was most charmingly written but I just can not think of a hundred things to say about myself :D still if I'm bored enough in Hyderabad, maybe I'll do this as well :S

lancelot : thankee kindly :D

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm !

Neway !

Sad feelings gulo hariye new post in my blog :)

Acroyali said...

i think i have been tagged by this same insane thing: 5th line of 23rd post! (whoever came up with such a thing!! ) its simply nuts. methinks i'll start my own bloody tag and add my name to it. sure shot popularity!

last paragraph appreciated very much! :D...

the One said...

Ah, Chaucer. Most insightful chap.

babelfish said...

euphoric dreams : have checked new post but you must explicate on these hmmms!!

acroyali : you must start your own tag, make it short and sweet and inane and it will either make you immensely popular, or much disliked :D

doel : thank you thank you thank you!!! Firstly for the compliment and secondly for the visit...do keep coming :)

the one : most my dear...I shall tag you once you hit a 23rd post :D