Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My pujo romance is over, sniffe sniffle. There was a very watery hindi-filmi style farewell standing on the steps of a station yesterday (metro station actually, not railway........and well.....all the water wasn't because I was playing the weepy distressed damsel but because it was raining, but still a farewell is a farewell!!!)

And when asked for sympathy all that a certain mistah anonymous had to offer, after laughing his ass off, was
"aaschey bochhor aabar hobey"


So I am presently wallowing in glorious self-pity and an inordinate amount of tissue paper. After the excitement, it's the sniffles. Of course the sniffles aren't exactly generated by the loss of romance. It's the tragic outcome of sitting in Sompeplace Else, too often and for too long, where the management really believes that the air-conditioning machines are not for decoration. Of course the nearly frozen beer might have been partially responsible for the current nearly-Vermillion state of my nose. And for those who were there at the blogmeet, I might add that having frozen bits of double-cream-and-chocolate sundaes dropped on my hair probably aggravated the fever (yes, Rimi, this is meant to make you feel guilty......only you being the heard-hearted thing you are, you won't.......glub glub)

sigh........here I am then.......quite merrily morose.......sniffling at regular intervals and wishing I could write suitably depressed poetry.......also wishing I could find words harsh enough to describe how much I dislike certain people.....grrrrrr.....especially those who work for a living and give unemployed bloggers and baby fishes the inferiority complex.

hmm......and I shall now decamp to dwell on all the great miseries of life......like neighbours who spend all afternoon reciting dramatic poetry at the top of their voices.......or teach their young ones how to howl to the accompaniment of a harmonium (and try to pass it off as singing!!!)

Also on parents who adore each other so much that they're currently mooning around the house sighing in harmonized depression becasue they're about to be parted for the space of about ten days........what did I do to deserve parents who are so in luuuubh!!! The loving is fine, it's the mooning and the occasional disappearing for quiet look-into-my-eyes type mushy dates by the riverside that can be quite disturbing......

Please note the parting is due because my mother is off to visit older sister in Hyderabad on the twenty-sisxth. Please, also note, that my father is so-o-o-o worried about her safety that he's packing me off as well!!!!!!! waaaaaaah......I don't wanna go!!!!!!!

glub glub........what will I do without my blog for so many days......what will I do without my one solitary bright spark who shall here go unnamed *blush*.........me thinks I will pine away...........will everyone forget me when I'm gone?!!!

35 comments:

Lancelot said...

achha jus curious.... wats babelfish mean?? nething to do with the "baby fish" mentioned in this post??? and rimi dropped chocolate sundae on your hair??? the &^%&$@#$*( ...such a colossal waste!!!
and cheer up...i am sure even a remote god-forsaken place like hyd has internet, so if u feel really depressed u can probably find a comp sumwhr.
"aaschhe bochhor abar hobey"-hilarious!!!!

Acroyali said...

aasche bochor abar hobe- only kind of annual love affair...:D

i shall refrain from expressing my grief over the chocolate sundae (!!!!) ...whyeee???

and no, thou shall (most certainly) not be forgotten...

rainbeau_peep said...

uhm, bab'ly, ur nose got married.
and hyderabad is not so bad. i mean, try not to think of it too much, eh? enjoy the bhyacation.

jaded said...

hehe! that ice-cream dropping was really fun! happy journey..oops, insensitive was it???!

Bone said...

girl... how was the blogger's meet on sunday? did you go for it?

noob said...

what exactly is a blogger's meet anyway?

And mandy, how're you doing? Got any piercings done lately? Let me guess, you got your num pierced! that's the only part of your body that's peirce free anyway! Please don't turn up on the first day after the hols with huge ring hanging from eyebrows!

Anonymous said...

Just saying that the last time I went to Hyd. I returned with jaundice. Now don't let that spoil your fun! *grin*

Anonymous said...

End of pujo romance?! Awwww...

Unknown said...

sadistic,aren't you all?
get well soon
btw you are lucky to have parents who are still so much in love with each other.
and of course we will miss you.
so don't worry about going to hyderabad
enjoy yourself there and will have fun!

Gee said...

awwwwwwww....we will miss you dont u have any doubts!

babelfish said...

lance : The babelfish (could you just refer to my first-est post) is from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and the baby fish mentioned in the post is erm my modest way of referring to myself :D and yes, as for the sundae...#$*^#

acroyali : aaaww, sho shweet :)

rainbeau : my nose is therefore suffering the fate of all married women, it weepeth...hyderabad will be the unhappy honeymoon :D

jaded : for someone so remarkably nice, you have patches of sadism dear :D

mandy : bloggers meet was fun! fun!! fun!!! You should've come :D

pip squeak : you have to be there to know what a blogmeet is and I shall ensure you know of the next one well in advance :)
Also it's no business of mine what you comment or post on your own blog but kindly refrain from being rude to other people on my blog, I'm deleting your second comment (wouldn't want blogspot hauling me up for offensive language)

babelfish said...

beautiful loser : and for added effect, here in the comments section may I add glubbetty glub ! !

ph : If I get jaundice you will lose a most ardent reader of your blog *beeg grin*

and finally some sympathy, yes!yes!! I'm heart-broken over end of pujo *twembling lip*

someone somewhere : you may well win the award for most sympathetic commenter of this post :D
bherry shweet you is :)

herenow : aaaww, thankoopie, you be sweetypie :D

Lancelot said...

whew u must be tired with all the commenting!!!!
so glad u belong to the group that keeps coming bak after the HUGE breaks :D
If DC gives me the chocolates she promised I'll give you a couple as reward :P (trouble is, she hasnt promised yet)

noob said...

Sorry

Unknown said...

i seem to have made a typing error.
"enjoy yourself there and you will have fun!"
the letter in bold was missing from the comment.
sorry about that.

the One said...

Well, we shall miss you. Have fun.

babelfish said...

lance : daahling, you shall be my favorite person if the chocolate deal comes through :D and no, no I be liking people who comment, very very much :D

pippy : chal it's ok, we shall let hostilities cease shall we :)

someone somewhere : chill about the typos, I knew what you meant, thanks, very sweet of you :D

the one : I shall miss the "we" too. Very much.

Anonymous said...

Hyderabad, you are going to Hyderabad and you feel depressed. Ah! the biryani, chap... I would willingly go to Hyderabad. What a wonderful place to eat! Why such aversion to Hyderabad?

Teleute said...

aye bheel meess eww.

*sniffle sniffle*

Dreamcatcher said...

we shall all be missing you greatly...
*sniff sniff*
when u returning?
and yes i know what it is like to have parents soo much in labh that they moon over each other constantly...you feel like an intruder...

karuna said...

why waste perfectly good and ymmu sounding sundae on hair...
yummmmyy... gimme

babelfish said...

bhooter raja : the thought of all the food is all that consoles me...otherwise I be bherry lyad khaowa person, very loathe to leave my belovedest Kolkata.

teleute : *sniffle sniffle* huggy

dc : aaaww sho shweet, you is...returning on the 5th :)

karuna : It wasn't all that wasted, we managed to consume most of it :D

Prerona said...

Hi! That was a nice intro :)
Hyderabad is a nice place. Holiday romance ... ? Maybe? :)

Prerona said...

why do u guys never wanna leave cal? u live there. i've been trying to beg / bribe / threaten my kid sister to visit me in scotland but she doesnt wanna leave cal 'right now' ... and its been like that for ever :(

babelfish said...

prerona : thank you dear!!! way glad the sales pitch worked :D

holiday romance I don't know about..now if it was Scotland I was going to that would be a different kilt of fish :D but in Hyderabad all that appeals is the food :)

And you know I'm all very sympathetic about the sister you're pining for (I love my sister too, most of the time) but leaving Cal is a huge wrench :(

Bee said...

u bloody idiot!could your timing be any worse??
anyway,would u rather have parents like mine?my mother once chased my father round the dining table with the water jug.it was exactly like a cartoon.

babelfish said...

umm.....young lady, did your mother ever throw a heavy stone ashtray at your father the second he entered home because he had been taking pictures of other young lady (you know the one I mean, mother of two daughters and all and I still don't know where the ashtray came from, since no-one smokes in my house!!!)

Hah!!! that's love for you...and yes I quite agree the timing couldn't be worse :(

Sayan Chakraborti said...

Shubho Bijoya!

Porer blogger's meete amake oboshshoi datkbe. Ami eshe shokolke dishtarb korbo.

Wherever you are, I hope there's no dearth of cybercafes near you.

Prerona said...

tui ekhaane chole aye thaale scotland e

Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

@ sayan -- i don't think u will beat me at that :D

noob said...

My mother once pured a glass of water into my father's dinner while he was eating!
One of those incidents, when she was in 1st gear!

Nowadays, she accelerates and decelerates between 3rd and 5th gear!

babelfish said...

sayan : eto dine!! lakkhi pujor pore bijoya kothay re? But thank you :D
And I shall be staying on the university campus and will try to use their computers posing as a student :D

prerona : Oh, how I wish, wish, wish!!! So sweet it is of you :)

ui : beshi bolish na toh...you were quite the model of decorum the other day :D

pippy : all these loving parents...

Bee said...

hey,you want to hear about my big pujo romance?oh,right,it didnt happen.pudin hara did.

babelfish said...

cass : nooooooooo :D

babelfish said...

monku : fellow blogger huh? this from young lady who hasn't visited my blog in mooonths *further rolling of eyes*....I go in dreams of biryani and burgers, but not much hopes of computers...still I shall come back with lots of sob stories, new stuff for blog :D