Thursday, April 27, 2006

First I rant, then I have to recant.
sigh.
I walked into college today and was informed first by beloved friend *who will soon stop being best friend if she continues to be this nasty* that she thought my post was silly.
pout.
Then AG very kindly informed me that I had probably been too clever for my own good.
ouch.
In short I feel like a misunderstood moron.
whimper.
In long, therefore, if you've already read the post this is the after-thought. If you haven't read the last post take a second off, read it and then get back.
But read before jumping to conclusions please.

And Gentle Reader, forgive me if I was too subtle in the previous post.
I forgot people still take me seriously.


So, the basic clarification is as follows.
Despite the over abundance of saccharine sweetness in the department at this present moment, despite the fact that the first years have exhibited a disturbing tendancy to pair up faster than you can say, oh ki mishti couple!!, the babelfish would like to announce very clearly and firmly and as loudly as possible that she has no, no and no plans of
a)getting a life
b)getting a man
c)getting a man to address her as sugarplum
d)getting whatever else spring has on offer.

In case this clarification doesn't seem to fit in too well with what I wrote last night let me put it this way; the problem with leaving myself deliberately open to misinterpretation is that I am liable to be misunderstood. Yes well, obvious innit.
So yeah , I know everyone got pretty excited by the "dark alley" bit but umm when I mentioned the "strenuous activities" I meant "heart-stopping" in the sense of permanently heart-stopping.
Yes well. Go figure.

And as for the *requited* passion. The primary difference between this and unrequited passion is that any hindi film second string heroine worth her salt(y tears) will give up her life for any man who doesn't love her back. In real life when two people feel truly requited passion for each other they're ready at any moment to kill each other.

Oh and I assumed everyone had heard of Lucrezia Borgia. If you haven't I can only quote the darling of the department, "you can never trust the Borgias you know". Now you can go google for her name.

And finally, this fish would like to clarify that she might mix politics with pleasure but never prem. Despite my inordinate passion for this man, I don't feel the slightest inclination to spend the rest of my life calling him sugarplum. I only want to kill him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should know by now that my interest in your puny little life is only in how I figure into it and keep my primary status, so with that in mind, please clarify the following objectionable statement "*who will soon stop being best friend if she continues to be this nasty*" Best? Who is this best friend supplanting person? And what makes you downgrade my exalted position to not-best?
In other news, I have updated my website so go see new pretty pictures. And in some other news, my final thesis is due tomorrow and I think I might flunk. This semester sucks.

babelfish said...

ibboss : tomar proti amar je oshesh bhalobasha o shrodhha achhe sheta amar baaje banglar moton chirosthayee *and since I've run out of words* unsupplantable. Having said that, stop being mean you too!!! Puny little life?! Eke bolo bhalobasha? Kolkatay phero and I promise I shall bug you 24 hrs a day. As far as phelunking goes, I'm about to phelunk pretty dramatically this sem meself. And I miss you too, so when are you coming back?

hdpal said...

Who is this Prem dude ? Why never Prem ? What has Prem done to you ?

Bone said...

poor man looks like he'll have to carry the epithet of being your sugarplum for the rest of his (may i say extremely short) life. i wonder who he is. or if i will ever know before he gets dragged into dark alleys and therefore gets featured in the newspaper.

Casablanca said...

Kill him! Go! Go! Go!

(err.. you see I like cheering people. Regardless of *what* they are going for!)

:D

twip said...

its always assuaging to know that *passions* can be channelized into productive avenues like err.....killing. Sugarplum or otherwise.:P..

So Im with Casa here: Go! Go! Go! Kill him!....
=P

Poorna Banerjee said...

mere de otake... mere de. Shotrur shesh rekhe laabh nei.

love,
Panu

p.s. reference to c) sugarplum er bodole Plunder Bunny ba Love Muffin bolle??