Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Going through my fragmentary Foucault notes...the handwriting's mine but the words remain incomprehensible...in nervous reaction I find myself doing all the things I shouldn't be doing, a couple of hours before exams, especially when I don't know a word of what was taught in class.....still if Winston Churchill could get away with a blank paper bearing only his name, the number of the first question '1' followed, after much thought, by a punctuation mark '.' and a few artistic ink splotches for his first Latin examination; so can I!! Brave words, but after three years of writing an inordinate amount of bhaat, surely I can manage some aatlami? Then again maybe not.......I shall resign myself to fate and bad marks, for once.......sniff sniff......
hmm....matters of course are not helped by the fact that the only legible and clearly comprehensible sentence I could find in my entire collection of notes taken over the past one month or so is as follows :
The Fallen Woman is a creature of unrestricted sexual desire...........
hurrumph!!! Whereas men I suppose irrespective of their standing or falling are always creatures of unrestricted sexual desire........hmm......

3 comments:

Sphinx said...

How was it?

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

My Early Days - it was his entrance test for Harrow; he put second brackets round the '1', thusly [1].

Yes, yes, I KNOW this is quibbling, but that's one of my favourite anecdotes.

J.A.P.

babelfish said...

j.a.p : I won't accuse you of quibbling, I'm sorry I messed up on your favorite anecdote :(