Saturday, August 27, 2005

this morning began rather late in the day, more like half an hour before afternoon.........so there I am nibbling away at my toast and fantasizing about bacon and eggs and all those things ma refuses to cook for me if I get up later than eleven thirty, and there in the background is playing Black Eyed Peas' Shut Up.........and some barely noticed movement on the border of my peripheral vision made me look up and horror of all horrors there was my mom, my very own mommy pie indulging in some punk teenager style head banging!!!!!!!! I stared, uncertain whether she was having a fit, at which point she realized my eyes were popping into my coffee mug and promptly stopped shaking her head and looking semi-embarrassed bustled away leaving me to retrieve my jaw from the butter dish........what a way, to begin the day!!!!!

8 comments:

Bee said...

lol.your mum rocks.embrace it,daaahlin..

Dipanjan Das said...

ki odbhaut!

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Infant, has it never occurred to you that we oldies were listening to rock before you were born?!
The condescension of the young, ye Gods and little fishes!

J.A.P.

babelfish said...

j.a.p. rock yes....Black Eyed Peas?!! 'Just Shut Up'?!!!!!!! And quit making yourself out to be antediluvian....you be bachha chhele!!!!(there, more condescension,tee hee...but seriously monstrous regiment ekhono ferot dao ni?!! *anguished sigh*)

babelfish said...

soumik : I kid you not

dd : i thought so too

cassy-wassy : hee heee

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Returned Monstrous R more than a week ago. You should have booked it.
Do they have Fifth Elephant or Going Postal? Every time I try to check the catalogue, the monitor's been monopolised by some earnest hairy type with BO and glasses askew.

J.A.P.

babelfish said...

they have going postal, checked yesterday, it be out however....

Teleute said...

heh heh heh!