Monday, August 15, 2005

What was I doing last night? I was sleeping. What was I doing the night before last night? Sleeping again. And the night before?....Well, you get the drift. I have been clocking about ten hours of sleep every night!!! So......(you raise a discreet eyebrow)........imbeciles and eight year olds are after all permitted ten hours of sleep a night.....except I have a test tomorrow, correction I have two tests tomorrow. Not one but two...and I haven't studied a word!! Well, no that's an exaggeration, I did read the first one and a half lines of the Wife of Bath's Tale and I did count the number of pages of the various essays I'm supposed to know backwards and forwards by tomorrow....please note, these being essays which my esteemed brilliant prof took three weeks to explain, her explanations flying tangentially over my head all the while. What'm I gonna do, what'm I gonna do, what'm I gonna do?!!! Breathe....slow....calm.....right. Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!
I figure I have twenty hours till my tests.....hmm...that's not a lot of time is it? Especially considering even if I forego all sleep for tonight (sniff sniiff) I will need to get out of this house for an hour this evening, if only for a breather and some impure nicotinated oxygen....never fear, no grass this evening. Yesterday Rupanjali (hehe, she's gonna blow a fuse when she sees her name on my blog) and I met.....Ostensibly to xerox material for the tests. Well, we did our work and then we packed in some beer and before I knew what was what I was on a nice dopey trip with her kid cousin whom she accused me of corrupting....hah!! The upshot of the story was my plans to stay up all night and study got shot rather badly....sigh......and now I am seriously panicking.....this is where I go away and try to study some.......pray for me, somebody/anybody/everybody....pleeeease........

6 comments:

Bee said...

rupanjali?!!!!!!!!!
how dare you!!!!

never mind,we're all in the same boat.i have four hours to finish all of chaucer,langland,AND revise ge lessing and julian effing barnes.

:-(

babelfish said...

tee hee I ddn't..the lady's mother came up with that idea :D and I am so scr**** :(

Sayan Chakraborti said...

Reminds me of Simba, "Help! Somebody! Anybody! Help!" Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

best of luck.

babelfish said...

sayan :D

anonymous : thank you, whoever you might be...(hint! hint!...tell me who you are)

Sphinx said...

oof... me
I forgot to login.