Monday, February 05, 2007

For a while now coherence has not been happening. I've blogged about it once in a while. More often than not though, I’ve taken the easy way out and let the blog and my thoughts dwindle into silence. It’s been a strange eleven months. I moved from being very focused and motivated, even if I was mostly headed in the wrong directions, to living a life of complete anarchy. Civilization rather went for a toss and my life has been nothing but Madness for almost a year now.

Some of the madness was nice actually. There are a lot of stories I won’t tell now and possibly won’t tell some people ever. Not because of censored content. It’s just that rationality or even foresight has not been a part of my life for a while. I have acted without thinking of the consequences. Maybe I got lucky, but there haven’t been any consequences. And at this point cynics and pessimists and the pragmatic people of the world are welcome to point out that consequences might crop up later but we shall let that thought be for now.

Someday though I will write my memoirs. That is, if I do anything worthwhile with the rest of my life. Chances are it shall be a drab affair. But there’ll be one section devoted to this last year of my university life and that should be one hell of a good read. Because it was one hell of a ride. But now the fish is Homeward Bound

I think I’m rediscovering coherence. At least I’m trying to. Most of the trying will happen on this blog. Much whining will possibly happen too. And my Dear Readers (some of whom are Darlings for having continued visiting this fishbowl despite the complete absence of activity) will be nice and put up with it. But at any rate, unless I’m not at home for the span of 24 hours or unless my internet betrays me there will be a post a day. Even if it’s a one-liner. Even if I’m dog-tired and can barely sit up. This fish will be disciplined. And what better place to begin than within the fishbowl.

Today the countdown begins. I’m 145 days away from the end of my life as it is now. That’s a very definite deadline. Scary too.

P.S. : Incoherence may be one thing I'm trying to get rid of but Cryptic stays. Definitely. Which means, all ye Dear People who know the Babelfish personally, suppress the urge to ask whys and wherefores. As of today this is officially an anonymous blog.

5 comments:

Teleute said...

*Hug*

babelfish said...

hehe :)

Prerona said...

i second teleute. end of life as you know it is petrifying. it stares me in the face too! but then, so it did a few months back and wow what a new life this is! lol. guess u have to let go of on ledge to plummet down to the next plane - scary but essential - and potenially awesome ;)

La Figlia Che Piange said...

YAAY! HIGHFIVE!

Sphinx said...

inspiration.
I shall do that as well.
I have neglected the blog for far too long.