Saturday, September 17, 2005

blame it on the rain.......

there are times when the music you're listening to says it all......I spent the morning cleaning out my closet........
and there was much wailing and gnashing of arachnid teeth as I swept out the cobwebs.........
if only it was as easy to sweep out the clinging filamentous strands of memories.........

Nothing ever stops all these thoughts and the pain attached to them
Sometimes I wonder why this is happening
It's like nothing I can do would distract me when
I think of how I shot myself in the back again'
.........................

Hearing your name the memories come back again
I remember when it started happening
I see you in every thought I had and then
The thoughts slowly found words attached to them
........................
and eventually thinking about something all the time is not very different from obssesing.........

Maybe someday I’ll be just like you and
Step on people like you do and
Run away from the people I thought I knew
................
I remember back then who you were
You used to be calm
Used to be strong
Used to be generous.......
but everyone changes........people drift apart and everything comes to an end............

Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
......................
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory
Of a time when I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
....................
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know
I tried so hard..................

clarification : i suppose I'm flagrantly flouting tons of copyright rules etc.....so in a belated attempt to give credit where it's due.......the above lines are Linkin Park ..........except the very tiny bits which are my own comments.......plis to escoos.....

7 comments:

Timster said...

i like your poetry,I can relate with it a lot,but something tells me you must look beyond the rain...tommorow is another day.

sv3 said...

Its not poetry.


First two stanzas: Linkin Park - Figure 09
Next three stanzas: Linkin Park - A Place For My Head
Next three stanzas: Linkin Park - In The End. First heard it when I was eleven.

Systematically extracted stuff.

Try Papa Roach next time, or maybe Slipknot.

Sphinx said...

Einstein disguised as robin hood,
with his memories in a trunk,
passed this way an hour ago,
with his friend the jealous monk.

La Figlia Che Piange said...

LOL,thats aveek trying to be SARCASTIC.and MEAN.
hahahahahhahahahahaha.

Sphinx said...

no, thats aveek singing 'desolation row'

Teleute said...

oh my.

babelfish said...

timster : thanks but it's not my poetry...it's all from Linkin Park...which is my favourite every-morning-down-and-out band...thanks for visiting :D

kanti : i know where the lyrics are from, thank you, considering I've heard each of these songs a few hundred thousand times...dhuh-dhuh :D