Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Entering the room of the head of our reputed department nowadays is just begging an invitation to get ragged......ever since Satyr Chakrobarty / Don of my Dreams, call him what you will, became the head, every trip to that room has been a trip on a different level..........for one thing, the room has, for all practical purposes, been taken over by the Deadly Duo / Terrible Twosome (whatever it is they label themselves) namely the two most utterly delectable men ever to walk the corridors of JUDE (or for that matter to be seen playing cricket on rainy days in the afore-mentioned corridors).
Today, I innocently entered, having been commissioned to find out the sex-ratio of the class on the behest of the administration (not compatibility or anything like that, just the men to women ratio). They have all the lists but we have to do the finer mathematical calculations. And after I conscientiously procured the attendance register and was planning a silent exit, I was stopped........to be precise I was spotted.......and asked for my candid opinion as to the aesthetic appeal of the arrangement of framed photos of erstwhile professors of the dept (!!!) and after that it got rather confusing.......
Firstly the not-yet-head kept dancing around, incomprehensibly yelling, "vantage point! vantage point!!"; then with a leap and a yell he perched on a handy chair and started taking off the frames in order to shuffle them about.......I discreetly, concealing my fluttering heart, murmured the coloured photo would look best if kept in between the black and whites: of course the revered professors of our department don't believe in simplicity of expression, so Dr. Adorably Divine Guy reeled off "the primordial assumption of the aesthetic faculties is that colour should predominate the pivotal position"........err, I made that up, he obviously used bigger and better words........and then started playing musical photos. Finally with the last photo, which was a standing frame, I said it would look better up front and at an angle......where upon the head burst out with "yes! Yes! Listen to her, the young have better eyes!" and not-yet-head went "no! No! The young have clearer eyes!!"
At any rate we got that sorted out and then we stood around for a bit contemplating our handiwork with prodigious head-nodding and satisfied grunts of aesthetic appreciation. After which I left the room, discreetly went out of earshot and collapsed into hysterical laughter.
In the end, there seemed to be just one thing left to do.......so I went and did exactly that.........I got higher :D

10 comments:

Bee said...

life is very good to you sometimes.
i spammers are back.

Gee said...

oh what fun!

Sphinx said...

hehehehehehehe

:D

. said...

1. hmmmmm...
2. er.....?
3. nice....

Sayan Chakraborti said...

You just reminded me of Mero asking for the Eyes of the Oracle!

babelfish said...

cass : and spammers have been deleted :p

herenow : fun it most certainly was...hopefully for all concerned and not just me :)

vague : erm...uncetain as to appropriate response, would a cheesy grin do :D

sayan : ho-hum...

Teleute said...

oh fuck! rotfl! rotfl! rotfl!
:D

Rimi said...

our deparment is the craziest and the best--towtaalee!!!

this is one post i'm copy-pasting on my comp! it's hilarious!!!

Rimi said...

er, NO cloo why the multiple comment happened--pliss to dilite. *sheepish grin*

babelfish said...

soumik : hehehe :D

teleute : I laughed my ass off :)

rimi : comments dilited :D and thank oo