Sunday, September 11, 2005

blessed, beautiful, life-giving rain stopped at a suitable moment so I could actually go out for long enough to inhale some life-taking air......which was extremely essential keeping in mind the acute discomfort caused by, hem hem, eating too much and far too well.......sundays in my house are equivalent to meals which go on forever and ever......since the rest of the week I supposedly subsist on one squarish meal a day(!!!!) this, of course, is pure self-deception on the part of the family, which spends monday morning to saturday night bemoaning the fact that I am on a starvation diet and then spends sundays stuffing me like some under-nourished turkey.....not that I'm actually cribbing......

actually the day was one of intersting culinary experiences.......for one thing there was lunch.....and I really shouldn't go into details of the variety of ways in which ilish maach or mangsho or chingri can be prepared and served up at one meal......then there was the little excitement at tea.......Mommy not there, so me decides to make tea for Daddy and me.....which is all very good except there's no sugar in the sugar bowl, so I have to pour it out of the bigger sugar jar....and in my extremely happy, floating in the air state I sat down and started transfering sugar from big container to little one......and I did so for about fifteen minutes before realizing that what I was using to transfer the sugar was a spoon, to be precise, one of those plastic ice-cream spoons which hold approximately five granules of sugar.........I'd only managed to transfer a thin layer of sugar which I poured back to the big jar........and then I started all over again, with the same plastc spoon, and counted how many spoonfulls it took....erm....if anyone's interested I got to one, two, many, many more.......after that of course daddy declared it was the best-est-est tea he's ever had in his life.......and clarified that he wasn't saying it just because I had made it but because the great art of making tea is is entirely dependent on one's discerning judgement on how long one should dip the tea bags......tsk tsk.......fathers I realize can be somewhat unobservant of the finer points of truth and reality, shall we say, when it comes to giving an honest opinion on anything their daughters do......of course in my Dad that's not a flaw, because after all my dad is the best.......I mean the only competition he faces in winning the best parent ever is from my mom..........basically they tie at the top........but well, that's because I did bring up my parents properly......pat meself on me back :D

2 comments:

Dipanjan Das said...

shundor post...:)) but ar kono chamoch chhilo na?

babelfish said...

chhilo, I was just too high and out to bother :D